Thursday, September 15, 2016

Quizzes in Google Forms

How to create a self graded quiz in Forms

Today, I tried the new feature in forms to create a self grading quiz.  Finally, my first quiz of the school year.  I knew how to create the quiz but had not experimented much with the release of scores to the users.  

So, it didn't go quite as planned.  I told my students that their scores were in their school email so they excitedly went to their mail and...NOTHING.  No email.  Zip. Zilch.  Nada.  Arrgh.

I forgot that our students' gmail accounts are locked down so that they cannot receive email from outside the domain.   I do not have access to our admin console, so I have to wait for our admin to whitelist the email address and allow the students to get their scores.  In the meantime, I will continue to double up and use Flubaroo and ask my students which one they like better for presentation of their answers and scores.  

If you 're interested in the directions on how to set up a quiz in forms, here they are: 

https://goo.gl/ufioVB

No comments:

Post a Comment